In a Heartbeat...

A MAN'S OPEN THOUGHTS AND OBSERVATIONS ON HIS OWN PERSONAL BELIEFS

Sunday, June 05, 2005

2 interesting comparisons

One of my e-mail accounts always gives a different verse each day. I chose the dual translation option it gives.
I noticed that either it was a type-o or it really says it this way.
I'm hoping for the type-o!
_________________

Romans 8:1-2

New International Version:
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

King James Version:
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
_________________

But whats wrong with this picture? A very vital part of this was left out! (like it or not)
I know alot of us wouldn't mind but in reality...it needs to be said. I need to hear it and be reminded how i ought to walk even though i blow it at times! This "flesh" is what we could call worldly thoughts, lusts, greed, lies and the such.

The "spirit" is not about being or acting "religious" but about being real and following not only the writings of Jesus Christ but also following his example... walking as he walked. Not many do this these days but never the less there are those who do walk the walk and talk the talk. No, not some fanactics either just real, normal people who really practice what they believe.

I do find myself thinking more about myself and what i want than what God wants or his ways. Then i wonder why i go through the things i do. Sin is fun! Death isn't !!

In my case i have seen how sin brings spiritual death to me as it separates me from God and his Peace. And even though its only temporary it still a miserable feeling! Not being at peace within oneself or with our maker isn't FUN! So i must keep that in mind the next time i decide to do my own thing. Sin=Death. The two will always go together...remember that! I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger